It happened to be Free FQ week when I ordered so Annie kindly added some extra FQs which happened to co-ordinate perfectly; unfortunately I don't know the name of the extras. I also added a couple more I had in my stash from somewhere, and paired them all with grey Essex linen.
Altogether there are, I think, 15 fat quarters, each of which gave thirty two 4" (finished) HSTs. Four HSTs for each 8" (finished) Broken Dishes block, and four Broken dishes together make the 16" star block. Thirty star blocks set 5 x 6 make quite a big quilt: approx 80" x 96".
I think of hidden stars when I look at these blocks because depending on how you squint you may see the scrappy coloured stars or the grey linen stars. It is the same principle as this little quilt, made with smaller HSTs left over from another project.
Anyway this quilt top has been through several incarnations - or iterations, as my mathematically inclined son would say. I made the HSTs ages ago, and have changed my mind several times about I would set them. Finally made a decision and the top is nearly together.
Now for something completely different...
One top which I have managed to get together is my Quartet BOM - hooray! I am really, really pleased with this, though I do have to sit and pick out the remaining papers before I can layer and quilt. That's a job which definitely calls for a good film to watch.
Linking to Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.