Monday 9 March 2015

Secret Garden Scrappy Trips - finished

Some photos of the finished quilt on a cold but beautifully bright day.  Quilts always look good in natural surroundings, don't you think?  And not just so that I don't have to tidy up at home...



I started this quilt back in September 2014 with fabric purchased at the NEC in August.  It was meant to be a Scrappy Bargello, but turned itself into a Scrappy Trips: see this blog post for the story.

Quilt stats:  quilt measures 76" square.  The individual squares were cut 3", finishing at 2 1/2".
Made from two bundles of FQ's of Nel Whatmore Secret Garden plus some Fair Trade Fabric stripes and plains and a couple of Oakshott shot cottons.



The border fabric is part of the Secret Garden range and it was so luscious I felt it merited the mitred corners, something I rarely do.

On the back is a bright coral/orange print I got in the sale at my LQS - not really one of my usual colours but it worked perfectly.





Quilting nothing special, just a crosshatch in the middle and straight lines in the borders, but I didn't want to detract from the fabrics and felt the diagonals were in keeping with the diagonals in the design.














































This quilt makes me think of summer heat and tropical fruit, all in short supply here just at the moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment