I have made almost all of my Disappearing Hourglass blocks: here are a few laid out on my small design board. This number of blocks would be about the right size for a cot quilt, but I want something a little bigger.
Slightly to my surprise, I must confess, the piecing went really well, with nice sharp points. I have always been a little suspicious of the various 'disappearing block' methods as I think they can give rather inaccurate results, but (admittedly with careful cutting) these were a delight. In fact the only block which went awry was one where the ruler slipped as I was cutting.
Spring cleaning turned up a box of ancient flannel fabrics (OK, not all that ancient, but distinctly out of fashion nowadays). I also found some Foundation by the Yard and decided to make another quilt by this method and use up them up.
I made a small Christmas quilt years ago in just greens and tans with a smidgeon of red, but this time I will be using up all the rest of the colours in the box as well, mostly blue and brown. It is likely to still be rather Christmassy: hard to escape that look with these shades of red and green, plus the snowflakes, of course....
Final WIP, just a glimpse, is the wedding quilt I have been working on for the lovely daughter of a dear friend. I have almost finished the blocks and will be having fun soon with the layout. This will be a cozy quilt for the newly weds this autumn, I hope.
So next week looks like it might be busy... I have to make hay while the sun doesn't shine, as the garden will be taking all my time soon. It is a cold, wet Spring here so far and I won't start gardening properly till the weather is more reliable, but it won't be long now: my machine needs to work overtime to get these projects more or less done before then. Will keep you posted.