Wednesday 23 July 2014

Taking a break

Just to say we're off on our hols to (hopefully) sunny Cornwall.  Though I am taking my sewing I'm not entirely sure how much progress will be made...

To encourage you back to visit the blog in a week or so's time, I am posting a picture of my family's very favourite icecream: the sensational, once tasted never surpassed, Honeycomb Ice Cream.

You don't need an expensive icecream maker to make it, nor do you need to churn or beat the freezing slush every couple of hours for the best part of a day so it doesn't have nasty ice crystals to prickle your tongue.

It is not only the best but it is also the EASIEST ice cream to make and I will post the recipe when I am back home.  Promise.

When I started this blog I intended to 'keep it quilty' at all times but I hope you will forgive this lapse - it is summer after all and I haven't quite got any quilt finishes to show you.

And even dedicated quilters need to eat delicious things from time to time....

Enjoy the rest of the summer.  Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment