Here is the spool pincushion I made from the paper foundation supplied by Faith of Fresh Lemons Quilts. I blogged about it here, having pieced the block.
As usual it then took a while to get around to making up the pincushion, but I am pleased with the result. Quite deep so I can jam in my long pins without pricking my fingers when I pick up the pin cushion later. Walnut shells for stuffing, nice and crunchy, and I also used lightweight iron-on interfacing to give more body to the side and bottom fabrics for durability as the shells make quite a heavy pincushion.
In the meantime, I have been laying out my Interwoven Strips on the living room floor in a variety of ways - apologies for the poor indoor photo. As usual I find that it is laying out the blocks that takes the most time when making a quilt. A design wall would help but I still would be slow, I think.
This is a random, scrappy layout but I think I am going to rearrange the blocks so as to keep the colours running across the whole width of the quilt top like ribbons. That's the plan as of this moment anyway. I will keep you posted.
And here are some fun pinwheels, prep for a class I will be teaching shortly. These have been ongoing for a while but I have now got the top together - no photo though. Made from a charm pack (Best.Day.Ever.by April Rosenthal for Moda), I love the rainbow of colour.
Linking with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.