Friday 10 July 2015

Scrapper's Delight - finished!

Happy to report that I put the blocks together today so this top is finished.  Having the incentive to link today to Finish it up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts made all the difference: thanks, Amanda Jean, for keeping it going through the holidays.


Not a brilliant photo as I was losing the light and didn't use enough pegs to keep the quilt taut on the washing line, but you get the general idea.


It will be a while before this top is quilted as we are off on holiday shortly, but I am glad that the project has moved beyond the 'in bits' stage.  Scrap Vortex still pretty messy but I have to re-focus next week on the wedding quilt I must complete for a wedding in less than a month - eek!


Close up to show some of the fabrics I used from my scrap bin.  This is definitely a quilt which looks better at a distance: a bit too chaotic close up.  I think it may be because my fabrics are more 'broken' by other colours/patterns than Amanda Jean's (see photos from Sunday Morning Quilts in this post), whose patterned fabrics seem rather more 'solid' and the colours more saturated.  I seem to have quite a lot of pastel-ish pinks and soft blues.

It has been an interesting quilt to make and it has certainly used lots of scraps so I am pleased.  I heartily recommend Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkinson if you don't already know it: so many lovely scrap quilts and lots of good tips and ideas for using your scrap stash.  It is one of my favourite books of recent years.

Hope you are having fun with your sewing projects at the moment.  Enjoy the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great work. I love Amanda Jean's designs as well. Have wanted to make this one. Yours looks great. Visiting from FIUF.

    ReplyDelete